Wednesday, 7 May 2008

Matthew's Mummy

I am now referred to as "Matthew's Mummy". Today in the car park after i dropped Matthew off a little girl walked past and said to her Mummy "That's Matthew's Mummy there". A few weeks ago I was at the local shops and the same phrase was uttered by a different little girl. Even the kids at playgroup call me Matthew's mummy or sometimes Ryan's mummy (not Ben's mummy yet as his friends cant talk but soon!) This is a really interesting phase for me as I'm not used to being recognised anywhere. As a child growing up we moved so often that by the time you had settled in enough to be recognised you moved away. As a young adult in Sydney you certainly didn't look anyone in the eye so you could get to recognise them. So this is all new to me! And a little freaky but I'm enjoying it.
What I am also enjoying is the fact the all the kids know Matthew or at least his name! He does appear to be popular which was one of my concerns before he started school. Last year in playschool he didnt make any friends until the very end. He didn't even learn the other kids names. So he must have matured that little bit extra and is ready to make friendships. Also, before school Matthew was so attached to Ryan and Ryan was so open and friendly that Ryan was the one people spoke to first or played with first. I could see Ryan with a massive group of friends (mostly girls!) during school with Matthew only choosing one or two really close ones. When that theory has been blown out of the water. And I'm glad. I think in years to come I'm going to have three very popular, social boys. And i just think my house with be the place where the "In crowd" hangs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!