This time five years ago I was standing in my wedding dress waiting for all the fuss around me to die down so we could leave, to get me married!
My wedding day was a lovely, lovely day but it has nothing on the last five years. I would take spending time with my boys, talking to my husband or looking after my family any time over the hoopla of a wedding. For me the wedding was just a thing I had to do to get to the marriage. Being a bride was nice, being a wife was what I wanted more than anything. Now with the benefit of hindsight I am amazed that I love my husband MORE, by a bucket load, than I did on my wedding day. That has been one of the many surprises of married life!
There are many achievements I am proud of, the first being our three children but the biggest is how Nathan and I have grown together. We can work anything out. It might take a while (I'm still working on getting him to put his clothes in the clothes basket.) but we will get there in the end.
Thank you Nathan. For being my best friend, my support, my partner, my inspiration, my lover. The list is very long but Thank you! (Especially for the bling!) I love you.

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!! Seems like yesterday, but on the other hand it seems like another life time ago!! And who said getting married young never worked out.......we we're young weren't we???!!! xxNic
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Jen and Nathan on 5 years together! That's a milestone... I can still remember what a beautiful day it was and how nervous I was for you, being newly engaged myself! 3 gorgeous boys later and about one hundred and two moves, and it looks like you've found a place to settle! Hope you had a nice little celebration!
ReplyDeleteOh Jenni this entry is so beautiful and makes me feel so guilty! Michael and I had our third anniversary last week while I was on day 3 of the new job and he was at a conference in NSW. He called me to say he missed me and the best I could muster up was that I missed him too... the bed was cold the night before. You are absolutely right! Being a wife and mother is such a gift. If only we always had the strength to enjoy it. Congratulations to you and Nathan. I am missing you both. Kyles
ReplyDelete