Saturday, 1 March 2008

Literally

Children are so very literal. This morning I had organised Matthew to be looked after by the neighbours, as we had a working bee to go to and he had been ill. However, when he woke in the morning he was feeling much better and wanted to come with us. So i told him he had to eat his breakfast and get dressed then he could go over and tell Cleon and Michelle he was feeling better. I expected the usual fussing and fighting. Nathan and i later noticed it was awfully quiet. Then the dreadful thought "Where is Matthew". Then click! Next door. Matthew had his breakfast and gotten dressed in record time and promptly let himself out the front door. I was expecting us to take our time getting ready then present ourselves on our neighbours door step at a respectable hour. But not my son. I had asked him to do something and he had done it! Sorry to Cleon and Michelle who were dragged out of their bed and shower to be told "I'm better now!"

1 comment:

  1. well it is a NY resolution anyway to get out of bed earlier, but i didn't expect such a cute alarm clock :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!