Monday, 24 March 2008
Congratulations Uncle Brenty!
Yesterday Nathan's brother, Brenton, booked his berth to the Beijing Olympics. My brother in law will be an Olympian! It was very exciting to watch him swim last night. It was very exciting to watch him realise that he had achieved what he has been working toward for so many years. It's exciting to see the realisation of a dream that was inspired by his big brother and my husband! It is exciting to watch the inspiration that Brenty has given my children. They adore their uncle and for him to be the winner was the ultimate excitement. Matthew spent the hours after uncle Brenty's race telling all that would listen "My uncle Brenty was the winner and he won because I cheered for him and made him a go go go Uncle Brenty sign!" I could see how proud Matthew was of him and that me proud of ALL of the Rickard boys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, Jen, that's great news!! Chad and I started watching the swimming at his parent's house, but headed home while it was on, so we must have missed it. I actually just said to Chad last nigth about how exciting it was that time we went to see Nathan at the Qantas Skins, being at the Aquatic centre in the throes of all the atmosphere... I bet it was great!! Good on Brenton... we'll be cheering for him!! And for your boiys one day, no doubt!!!
ReplyDelete