Today was my turn to be the "parent helper" at pre school. I had deliberately put it off until now because I wanted the class to be settled before I walked in with two rowdy "extras". But I have been dying to go to see how my little buddy was coping without me. I was so excited to see what Matthew was like when we weren't around. We all know what Matthew is like with his family but we have never seen him in a different setting, like school. So, this morning I was busting with excitement. I wasn't the only one. I had three little boys with three backpacks raring to go from 7am! I had no arguments with anyone to put on shoes, eat breakfast or make their beds! Do you think they will be like this in 10 years time?
So what is Matthew like in the company of his class mates? Pretty much the same. Although he helps out a lot more there than at home! He packed up all the toys. Infact, all of the children packed up the toys and you know what else, there wasn't one raised voice. I did actually ask Debbie if she could move in to assist with toy tiding in our house and she laughed and said there was probably more yelling in her own house than any of her students' houses! Matthew is so enthusiastic. He is the first to help with any task. The teachers had put out rakes and wheelbarrows for the children (really clever way of tidying autumn leaves, disguise it as fun!) Matthew was the first child to offer assistance. Then he drummed up the others to help out as well! I was worried he would demand Debbie's attention constantly and yet he doesn't. He is more than happy for others to take centre stage.
Something else I noticed is he is exceptionally polite and Debbie is constantly praising him for it. I have endeavoured to teach manners and as a parent it is a thankless task but I was rewarded for MY hard work today!
So the result is Matthew is very much the same beautiful little boy. He did get into trouble once but I wasn't surprised by it. He did something silly that he would have done at home. And it was probably just as well that he did do it otherwise I may have left him at school where his perfectness is guaranteed!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!