Tuesday, 4 March 2008
Swimming Lessons
Ryan and Matthew now attend swimming lesson on a Tuesday morning. I have fought Nathan for years about teaching our children to swim. Poor Nathan is terrified that his children would turn out to be, heaven forbid, talented swimmers! Unfortunately, for Nathan, I think he is going to have his worst fears realised because his children LOVE swimming. And whats more, they are good at it! Having quite a bit of experience at teaching children to swim, i can see they have all the makings of great swimmers. Ryan has had 5 "proper" lesson and he can float, submerge and blow bubbles. These are skills that i have seen some children take years to master. But sitting back and watching the interaction between student and teacher it struck me like lightning that we, the parents, will have little to do with guiding them into a swimming career. The teachers and then coaches will take one look at the natural ability and the love of the water that I insisted my children have and it will be all over red rover. The coach will say "Rickard boys would you like to come and try club night. Its lots of fun!" And they will be hooked. I think the genetics in those boys is highly conducive to competitive sport. I bags not taking them to morning swimming training, Nath and i bags it first! And if that should be the case i am sure Nathan and I will find some way not to become the pushy sporty parents we have all seen at any sporting venue, anywhere in Australia. And we will sit in the uncomfortable bleachers at Chandler Pool cheering on our boys, proud as punch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!