Wednesday, 4 March 2009

What a disaster!

I feel so ill! At 1.30 today I received a phone call from the school saying "Mrs Rickard there has been an incidents at the school. Matthew has a scratch on his eye and you might want to come and get him." So i woke Benny up and threw them in the car fully expecting I would just go and get him and take him home to bed. When I walked into the sick bay I burst into tears. My baby was badly hurt. His eye was badly swollen and bloody and he was too petrified to even cry and it hurt him too much to cry. I was so distressed but so aware I couldn't fall apart as I had no back up. My back up was thousands of kms away. The office ladies were so helpful to the point of even helping put the other kids in the car. I couldn't get hold of Brenty, Cleon had a full afternoon and Michelle had no car. So i threw the other two kids at Cid (thank you so much for that Cid) and went of the medical centre that the office lady had rang for us. The doctor there couldn't get a good enough look at his eye so he sent me off to the Canberra hospital to be looked at by a specialist. (Oh by the way I was so relaxed at being summons to the office I didn't even take my purse containing my medicare card etc!) So I went home to get my purse, parking money and Matthew's puppy and raced to the hospital Matthew couldn't walk to the emergency room so I carried him about a kilometer from the car park. So my neck and back are now killing me. We only waited a short while to see the doctor and he was able to check him out thoroughly, without sedation (I had been warned that would be likely). And he has a scratch on his cornea that we need to monitor for infection and I really bruised and bloodied eye. But, thank God no permanent damage! I however don't think I fared so well. And Karen I think if you were to check my hair today you would find a grey hair!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jenni, This made me cry! Big kisses and cuddles to the little guy. How did this happen? I would be out for blood (as irrational as that is!). Even bigger kisses and cuddles for you Jen. I have been keeping tabs on you daily. You have been my hero for a while now but this last week or so you have just added another step to that pedestal as the most capable woman I know! Hang in there sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my glory Jenni!! I don't know whether to wrap Matthew in bubble wrap or send copious amounts of chocolate to you! Poor little man, he looks so brave though. But what happened??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby, I feel for you soooooo much. I am devastated that I could not be there to support both you and Matthew. It pains me to be so far away and helpless. It sounds like you did an awesome job of dealing with the situation and I am glad to hear Matthew is relatively okay. Give him a big hug and tell him daddy loves him and will be home soon.

    Lots of Love and Kisses to all,

    Nathan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!