Wednesday, 27 July 2011

What's happening to me?

I was in a bookstore with the boys the other day browsing when Matthew brought me a book stating it was the funniest book he had ever seen! I looked a the title and my heart dropped to the floor! I was sure I had another 20 or so years before we had to start discussing these issues! The book that Matthew found so hilarious was "What's happening to me" by Peter Mayle. You might recall it from your own childhood. It was the book your parents might have accidentally left on the coffee table or it was the book snickered at but very much thumbed through at the library.
Anyway so Matthew brought it over and we had a flick through it. He giggled hysterically at the boobs that rested on the table. It was less hysterical on the page with the maturing boy pictures then we got to the maturing women pictures his jaw shut with a audible click!
So then when Nathan got home I told him what had happened and told him it will be a lot easier if we started talking about these issues now with Matthew and the other boys, while it is still hysterically funny and not mortifyingly embarrassing!
So guess what our bed time story is tonight!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That was an awesome book!

    ... just imagine how bad it could be if it didn't exist...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!