Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Back to our Easter Holiday

Now it not been because i have been too lazy to blog these photos I have been saving them until it has been absolutely freezing here in Canberra. I've done this to remind us that we have felt warmth from the sun once upon a time!

So Mum and dad retired recently to Bribie Island in Qld. Well they are technically not on the island but on the mainland side! Anyway they are a block away from the beach. Again it is technically Pumicestone passage but to people who live in Canberra which is technically very, very far from the beach it counts right! Anyway while we were there we loved walking along the water. However it can be a bit slippery as you will see....

 Ben struggled! Which was surprisingly hilarious!



 The boys loved exploring a different environment. When we walk here they bring back things like pine cones and rock and snow and stuff! There it was sand, shells, crustaceans and mud.....


 And mysterious sea creatures! The story actually goes that dad spent a lot of time telling me how often Bull sharks are found in the passage. Anyway we had wandered apart for a while before Dad came running back to tell us he had spotted a shark!

 We watched for a while before we spotted the "shark". The infamous "shark"  turned out to be a stingray! I was confused as to why i could see 2 fins before it occurred to me why!

 Nathan also captured a jumping fish!

This picture is where I am imagining myself as I sit here freezing my butt off! Oh well less than a month until we will be there again! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!