Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Friday night fun!

For a while now we have had Saturday movie night. Often we are joined by neighbours and bucket loads of popcorn to watch a double feature. The first movie is a family one. So far we have watched all three Mighty Ducks, Karate kids and Honey I shrunk movies! The second feature is usually more mature! The last one being the disturbing Black swan when we started with 6 adults and ended with 3. Some people are only tough enough for "Tangled" hey Jose!
Anyway with movie night working out so well I decided we would make Friday night games night. We have started with Monopoly Junior.

The boys seriously love it! Well they don't love paying their brothers money as much but they enjoy the rest of the game. We have instated some "house" rules to encourage the numeracy aspect. For example you either have to pay with two notes or state how much change you will be requiring. (Addition and subtraction)
So far Ryan has refrained from robbing the bank but I am sure it is just a matter of time!
This week we are going to give cards a go. We are going to start with fish and then try something a little harder. I'm all for poker!  It might be the only way Rye becomes a millionaire! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!