Today, on your 6th birthday I just wanted to tell you all of the things that I love about you! I love that there have been so many firsts that we have shared together. You are my first born. You are the first source of my wonderment at life. You made your Daddy and I a family. The last six years have been such an amazing adventure! The achievements you have had over the last six years leave me with such an warm glow. You started life as a tiny bundle of joy. From the minute you were born you have been learning. In the beginning it was just learning to suck, then what all the parts of your body did. You sorted that all out quickly and were walking by the time you were 10 months old. Physical achievements are obviously going to be a large part of your life as your father and I have watched your enjoyment in learning to swim and play AFL or any sport that some one suggest you play. The last few years your large accomplishments have turned to intellectual. It blows me away that three short terms ago you started school with no prior knowledge of reading and writing and today on your sixth birthday you read a book to your Aunty Teesh via skype in London! You can write a postcard and post it to your Nana and Grumpy. You are learning to spell the different sounds of our language on your own. Your interest in your world and your enthusiasm to learn all you can is astounding. I love that you are in a hurry to learn it all! Matthew I love watching the way your brain works. It is so similar to your fathers. And so different to my own! It makes me excited for what your future will hold. But what i love most is the person that you are becoming. Inside your small six year old body there is a beautiful person. One who has a genuine interest in others around him. One who wants to help others. One who strives for perfection.
My baby boy, your Daddy and I love you so much and are proud of you every day. We are glad you have had such a lovely day to celebrate being six and we really look forward to watching you develop over the next six and more!
Love Mummy and Daddy
Lots and Lots of Hugs and Kisses from you Mum and Dad.
ReplyDeleteLove you lots!