Tuesday, 13 October 2009

Ben's first day at Playschool

It finally arrived. Ben feels he has been waiting for it for three years and I have wanting to put it off for three years! But today my baby left the nest for the first time. And man was he happy about it! Today Ben felt he was equal to his brothers. He has watched them being dropped off for the last few years and it has built up a huge enthusiasm for his own schooling adventure!
He has been telling anyone who would listen he has a monster truck lunch box for playschool. He had a chat to me yesterday about how excited he was to be going to playschool but he would be a little bit sad. When I enquired as to why he would be sad he replied that he would miss me! I took him in today and he couldn't wait for me to leave! We played a few puzzles and then I asked if he was ready and he went yep gave me a kiss and cuddle, forced Ryan into one and then toddled off to play. As i drove past the windows I looked in to find him already playing with another child! I really really wanted him to be crying! It is funny, it is always my intention to produce independent children but just once I would like them to be insecure and cry for their Mummy!
When I came to pick him up he was so happy to see me. But he only missed me a little bit because he was having too much fun! The teachers said he was beautiful. He asked to go to the toilet and then asked Julie (the teacher) "May you please read me a book!" She was delighted by the request and his manners! The assistants commented that they have never seen a child so eager to be there! When i replied that i felt he had been waiting this for three years they agreed!

Any way here are the photos of my baby transitioning into boyhood!

Showing us his bag

That grin says it all really. Ben Loves playschool!
Showing us the stamp that Julie gave him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!