Nathan is currently away for two weeks in the US so i will be writing my blog everyday. It will be full of the usual mundane things that he usually hears the minutes he walks in the door. So these post may not be a funny as you are used to reading. But very informative to Nath.
Anyway this morning Matthew woke at 6.30 and went straight into the lounge without waking his brothers. Benny had already gotten into bed with me 15 minutes earlier and had gone back to sleep! Ryan woke up just after 6.45. I got out of bed with them!!! They watched speed racer while I showered. What i actually should have said was they were supposed to watch speed racer while I showered. They were actually trashing our lounge room (speed racer wouldn't work in their dvd player for some reason.) So we tidied that up and then I decided they needed to expend some energy so we went for a walk up Mount Rogers. On the way up they walked well ran nicely. They were having races. We did a handicap race to the troll bridge. I sent Benny off first then Ryan and gave then a good head start before Matthew. Benny did really well and was beating Ryan until the very end. (Benny obviously is full of fast twitch and Ryan slow twitch muscle fibres!) Anyway Matthew won (could you picture any other result!) Ryan second and Benny bronze. Matthew then high fived and congratulated his brothers!!!! I was astounded by his good sportsmanship! Anyway Benny suggested a race up the mountain part so I started then. He ran four steps then wanted to get in the stroller. Which I pushed up with two flat tyres. Anyway we did make it up to the top but on the way down Ryan was running down when he stacked it! He took the bark off his knees, hands, forehead, shoulder. He did a great job of it. Anyway so we were half way down the mountain and he was screaming his head off. Benny kept on running down so I had to send Matt down to get him. So in the end we put Ryan in the stroller and made Benny walk. And he still cried all the way home and the whole way through me cleaning it and putting band aids on and then all afternoon! He has been walking around all crumpled up holding his shorts up above his knees! When he was crying I was shoving snakes in his gob in an effort to get his to shut up and when he would move and it would hurt more the snake would fall out and I'd shove it back in! I ended up putting a band aid over the sore bit and I was stressing about taking it off. i rang Brenty to do it and he was down the coast. In the end Cid ripped it off (she didn't hurt him at all. That lady has talent!) He still screamed through his bath. What a great start to you being away!
We just chilled out this arvo. Then we went to Cid and Trev's for dinner. Which was lovely. Thanks Cid! She sent me home with some frozen meals. And now the boys are in bed. So that was our day!
Blog to you tomorrow!
Hi Jen,
ReplyDeleteI just read a great tip about bandaids. Soak a cotton ball in baby oil and rub it over the sticky bits and it will fall right off!
Good luck with Nath OS.
Kyles
Thanks Kyles. will give it a go as we have two more to come off!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kyles. will give it a go as we have two more to come off!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kyles. will give it a go as we have two more to come off!
ReplyDeletePoor Little Man...
ReplyDeleteIt was onlt a matter of time before someone had a spill coming down the hill - and we should have guessed it would be Ryan.
Give him a big kiss and a cuddle from me.
Love you all
Nathan