Monday, 23 February 2009

Day 2, Monday

Well I should start with the things I forgot from yesterday..... Firstly, Matthew and I were talking about how he is the man of the house while you (Nathan) is away. I was saying how he had to help me out as someone had to do all of the things Daddy usually does. So Matthew pipes up with "Yeah, so Mum you need me to cook the meat and drive the car!" I told him to maybe start with picking up his toys and setting the table. I'll hold down the driving and operating hot cooking instruments for a few years yet! But how sweet. It gets even sweeter though! I went down to lay on the bed for a few minutes before we went to Cid's and Matty comes down with the massager and offers to rub my back!!!!! No asking, he just comes down and says Mum can I rub your back!!! We have got a good one there!
Anyway onto today!
Benny woke up a 7.15!!!!! Matthew and Ryan at 6.30. Sleep ins all round! We got ready for school and walked! We left to walk at the same time we usually leave to drive and there are less parking troubles when we walk so I really need to remember to walk more often. Anyway, near the bus stop there was a bobcat. So on the way back Benny, Ryan and I stopped to watch it work. Made the boys day! We came home and hung out three loads of washing (I told you there would be lots of mundane ramblings!)
Oh! Oh! Oh! I just remembered Nath! Benny did a another poo on the potty yesterday!!!
Back on topic. We had a mostly boring day. Benny had a good sleep. Ryan has decided he wants quiet time in Matthew's room just like Matthew used to before big school. So I let him and he lasted half an hour before he wanted me to tuck him in! And then that is when I heard it! Thunder! I raced out and just got my washing off the line. The thunder woke Benny up but not Ryan. I had to wake him up at school pick up time. Which was a story in itself! I thought i would be really clever and go early so I could get a car park. So I woke Rye Rye and took him and Benny out to the car in the pelting rain, crashing thunder and flashing lightning! How fun was that! Finally got them in the car, screaming by this stage of course. We get to school and I did manage to get a car park but it was still teeming! So I get them out and drag them both screaming out of the car park. We got to the preschool and Dorothy took pity on poor Ryan who was wailing that his knees were getting wet, and she look after him there while I went to get Matthew with Benny. We ended up so wet! So we all came home and have been in our jarmies since 3.15 this afternoon! Why is it Nathan that all of the worst possible scenarios happen when you are away?!
And how did Matthew fair at school in the thunder storm you ask. Well I asked him that same question and with a lopsided grin he tells me "Not very well!" Apparently there were only issues with the loud ones. Also at school they are still on the letter "t". Oh and he has brought home a piece of paper and on it is two pieces of wool. One long and one short and he has written all by himself "long" and "short"!!!! I asked him how he knew to spell them and he said it was written on the card in front of him but still he is writing words!!! (Even if only a mother can decipher them!)
Anyway. I am off to bed now. I hope you had a great time at the space museum and can get back to sleep (I just got a msg from Nathan that it was 4 in the morning and he couldn't get back to sleep!)

1 comment:

  1. The world knows I am away and sends thunderstorms and skinned knees! How cute is matthew. Stick to setting the table and cleaning the toys not operating heavy machinary. Well done to Benny for doing more poos! Your doing a great job Jen - keep up the good work.

    Love you lots

    Nathan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!