Then they played on their tractor outside in their pj's.
On asking the boys what the favourite part of pj day Matthew responded with "Playing outside in our jarmies!" Ben liked that too. Ryan liked it best when he got dressed at 2pm! Classic!I am thoroughly enjoying my children these holidays. They have played beautifully, shared and laughed together. I spend most of my day listening to them and thinking Awwwww. I'm not sure whether they have just hit "that age" or they are just too tired to argue! I think apart of it is that Ryan feels more connected to Matthew now they are both at school. I am really happy that my boys are more than just brothers they are mates. I really think they also have the kind of connection that will last their whole lives. Yes they argue and fight but it really isn't that often and they are getting quite good at sorting it out themselves.
The other interesting thought I have been having whilst having the children home is about parenting. I know a few mothers who cant wait to get rid of their kids. The holidays come and they ship them off. I find that so sad. I have to share my kids with school and friends so when school is over that's my time! And I am reluctant to share it! And I'm not talking about just a visit or brief stay with the grandparents. Because I think things like that are so important to a young person. I know of a lady that sends her children off every holiday for the whole holiday. She sees that time as her time, her holiday. When does that family have time to just be a family. I know from experience it can't happen during school time. The pace is just too frenetic. I find it very hard to understand why people have so many children but don't want to raise them. (And I'm not talking about working mothers, who in my book work harder than anybody else. The ones I'm talking about are stay at home mothers who appear to have no interest in actually mothering but have many, many children!) I understand parenting is hard work. It is relentless. Parents don't get sick leave or holiday leave. I know that you know about these things before you have kids but how many people actually understand what it means. For me, the pace and the constantness is so worth it. I am tucking this precious time into a little pocket in my heart to bring out when times aren't as pleasant and fun as they are today!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!