I am the president of the Giralang Community Centre and a little while ago someone gave us the idea of having a community festival at the centre. So I ran with the idea. And now the Open day is only 5 days away! Me and the girls who are orgainsising it are up to our eyebrows in community centre issues! We have working bee'd, we have stuffed show bags, we have printed and delivered thousands of flyers! We have worked our arses off.
BUT we have given ourselves a huge buzz. Doing something that benefits something other than yourself ends up benefitting you in the end. I am getting a huge buzz from knowing I am about to make a differnece in the community. I have loved how the organising committee has rallied each other. We have worked together and we have created something that is going to be great for the community. Something that the Giralang community REALLY needs.
So bring on Saturday. Please make it sunny and let the people of Giralang come and join in with their local community and make a difference!
How'd it all go?
ReplyDelete