Monday, 27 October 2008

Tri means Three




The boys went to a dinosaur party on the weekend. At the party there were dinosaur dress ups and a lady running dance like a dinosaur workshops. So the boys got dressed up like various dinosaurs and as they were going through the different dinosaurs she would ask the kids questions. So they get to the triceratops and she asks why it was given that name. Matthew puts his hand up in the air and when asked says "Tri means three and a triceratops has three horns!" I was so thrilled that the things i talk about with my children do actually filter through! Matthew and I had a huge discussion one day about different bike names. We started with a bicycle has two wheels, a tricycle has three, a unicycle has one and a quad bike has four. Therefor bi means 2, tri 3, uni 1, quad 4 etc.
Also this week i got some great reassurance that he is learning things! He got home from school and i was telling him how the fire engine came when the tree fell down. He thought for a minute and then asked "Did you call Oh, Oh, Oh Mummy?" I let him know that i hadn't called 000 but I asked him why he thought I may have. He replied with he thought it was an emergency, the tree falling down. So I now feel very confident that if we were to have an emergency in the Rickard house hold Matthew would know how to call emergency services! And I am also very happy that he is busily absorbing knowledge!

1 comment:

  1. The faces peeking out of those dinosaur costumes are just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!