Wednesday, 22 October 2008

A run of bad luck

That is what my last few days have been like. First of all i finally got the spewing virus that the boys had. It started an hour before I was due at a community house party. I had to go as one of the other organisers was sick so i really had to be there. I then spent Monday night with my head down a toilet. Tuesday i was still violently ill and Nathan really had to go to work as he had back to back meetings. So i had to struggle through with all three kids. They ran riot. Ben drank (and when i say drank i mean it very loosely) a 1 litre juice carton. 900 mls of it ended up on the kitchen floor. They tried to eat a bunch of bananas and when they couldn't get the skin off in one go the whole banana was disposed of (on the floor) and the next banana was attempted only to meet the same fate. Ryan ate a packet of hundreds and thousands for lunch! Thank goodness for my neighbours as they came over and got the kitchen tidied up and kids back into line. They thought it was funny for some reason! Anyway roll on today. I'm still not feeling well but i did manage to get Matthew ready for school and when we get outside we find out a tree had fallen on to our roof!

This is where the day gets better (for the boys at least!) I called Canberra connect and they send out the fireys to inspect it. They tell me there is no damage to the house (thank goodness!) and we should have no trouble cutting it down and getting rid of it. I anks if it will cause anymore damage in the next few days as my husband is away (he left for Melb this morning and he is always away when these things happen!) So they get the SES in to cut it up for me! Yeay! We also got to have some piccies with the fire truck. So Ben and Ryan have had their day made!




2 comments:

  1. You are such a strong woman! You amaze me Jen. I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kylie! But some days you just have to do what you have to do! And I a finally starting to feel better. I might even try to eat something today. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!