Friday, 11 April 2008

It's moment like these...

That you thank God for the blessed gift of children! I am so proud of Matthew today I could burst! Today is the last day of Matthew's first term at pre school. So I asked his teacher how he was doing. Debbie said Matthew is THE most caring and compassionate child she has ever taught! She says he is very responsible and a pleasure to teach. But whilst we were talking a mother interrupted to also thank Debbie as her child had found preschool tough and she genuinely was thanking her for her patience. They got talking and I heard the mother mention Matthew. So I jumped in with "Who is your child" and she told me so I said "I am Matthews' Mum". She then went on to tell me what a "godsend" Matthew was and how much Matthew means to her son and if it wasn't for Matthew being there for him every day they would have considered pulling him out! I then put it together that the father I had been talking to that morning, who was very keen on a play date with Matthew was this child's Dad. He had said this morning that Matthew was his son's rock at pre school. I had no idea that this child had been having difficulties but I did know that Matthew was very fond of this child. So I have put all the pieces together and am so proud of my son!
Debbie's other example of Matthew's compassion was with the chickens that the children have just hatched. Apparently, Matthew asked Debbie to put them back in their light box as he was fearful that the chicks were cold and no longer enjoying playing! She said his face was ashen with his concern.
To me this is heart swelling. I don't care if my children become Olympians or brain surgeons or millionaires. What I want for my children is for them to be caring, compassionate, happy and healthy people. And it warms my heart to know that we are on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!