Thursday, 10 April 2008

Cyclone Ryan

Today Ryan had a tantrum of Indooroopilly proportions. Ask Nathan's mother about Nathan's tanty at the Indro shopping centre when he was little, she is still scarred! We were at the post office, trying to post Kylie's parcel (sorry Kylie, Oliver's parcel will eventually make it to you before he turns 21!) when Ryan cracked it. I let him press the button to get the ticket but the mean Mummy i am didn't let him rip off the ticket. So that was it. He threw himself on the floor, shrieking as if his liver had been pulled out of his body via his nose. I walked on to get the post pack with a "Ryan, I'm leaving to get my things now!"thrown over my shoulder. The old bitties in the queue shook their heads. Ryan's response was to flail about as if he was a helicopter, with the rotor noise to match. So I gave a stern "That is enough Ryan!" This was met with the noise equal to a jumbo taking off and "Tut, Tuts" from the bitties. So I said "Ryan, if you don't stop this nonsense now we will go straight home! One..... Two..... Ok! That's it were going!" The bitties jumped out of my way (with fear in their eyes!) and I scooped him up took him to the door and said "We're leaving". The howling at this point was hysterical. So i walked off, a mother in law I know has advised that his is good practise. So off i went and Ryan came tearing up beside me and grabbed onto the stroller handle. When I wouldn't stop, even with his pleas of "But Mummy you have business to do!" I walked on. Even when he took his feet off the ground and was hovering above the ground I walked on. Even with the echo's 4 times louder in the underground car park, I walked on! He was dumped unceremoniously into his car seat with a "I'm very cross, Ryan!" By the time we got home he was apologising profusely for his behaviour and crosses his heart and hopes to die he will never throw a tanty again.
And me..... I think I will have the same scars as my mother inlaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!