This week I dropped the ball. Now usually I am a fantastic juggler but this week I have had far too many balls in the air and i am so sorry to say i dropped the most important ball. My Mummy ball.
Now the Community centre ball was in full flight all week, with not nearly a wobble. Preparation are well under way and the day is looking bigger and better than last year. This ball has become quite important to me over the years and it has been through my volunteer work here that I have found a possible future career path.
The school ball was juggled reasonable well all week. We attended the writers notebook night on Wednesday night. Which was a lot of fun and i can see what a really useful tool it is to get kids writing imaginatively. I also made it to the Book week parade which i blogged about earlier. Thank God!
I remembered my niece, Hannah Rose's birthday this week. Which with all I had to do this week I was sure this was going to be the one thing I forgot but thankfully I didn't and we had a gorgeous skype chat on Monday Arvo.
I did reasonably well with the wife ball. I met my husband for coffee with a university friend of his. I assisted in the purchasing of gifts for a colleague who was leaving. I picked him up from work several days this week as we only have one car at the moment and he believes it is too cold to ride his bike. (I will agree with him on that one but don't tell him that!)
I did well with the birthday ball. Just! I was up until all hours making cupcakes for Ben's preschool class. I am making his birthday cake today, the day of his birthday! But that still counts as it isn't past his birthday! I bought his birthday present the day before his birthday. Only because i had spent all week thinking of the things i had to buy for the community day and the things we need for our Top End trip. I still have to make cupcakes for his Playschool class by Tuesday. But in the end the birthday ball was not dropped just left to the last possibble minute!
The ball I dropped was the Mummy ball! :( This week receives a massive FAIL! Which upsets me greatly because I pride myself on being a stay at home Mum. For me that means my number one priority is my children and their needs. Not the housework, not my volunteer commitments. First of all the tooth fairy failed to visit poor Matthew. Which kind of turned out to be a great lesson because Matthew's behaviour this week has been less than stellar so it was suggested that perhaps that was the reason for her failure to deliver. Interestingly enough we have had a model nearly 7 year old yesterday! And the tooth fairy did visit the following night. (And I believe she once again paid guilt money because he got a buck for the tiniest tooth!)
Next I failed to feed Ben lunch on Friday and on Tuesday he had to ask to be fed lunch at 1pm! That is one and half hours after his usual lunch hour! Now forgetting to feed a Rickard boy is the worst torture that they could possible receive!
And the final thing that ended with me in tears was I forgot it was the fathers day stall at school and failed to send the boys with money to buy their Daddy as present. Now while that was a definite fail I did take them to a craft class last week to make daddy a card and present. So don't feel too sorry for Nathan because he has got heaps of presents hidden for fathers day. But still no one wants their kids to be the only one without money to spend on a present.
So please next week go a bit better. I have just as much on with getting ready for our trip (we leave on Sunday!), The community day on Saturday, Matthew's school assembly on Friday, being parent helper at playschool on Tuesday and an exam on Monday!
Please give me the strength and organisation!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!