Sunday, 29 August 2010

Federation Star

Dad and Mum recently came to Canberra for Dad to receive his Federation Star from the Chief of the Army. Dad has served our country as a soldier for 42 years. His reward for doing so was a tiny little silver star, no bigger than an earring to put on his medals. Whilst it is only a tiny little star it was a huge deal to Dad, Mum and all of his children. I was fortunate enough to be in the same state where it was presented and got to go and get teary eyes as dad together with Mum received it at a special morning tea. Dad was the only full time soldier to receive one. He was also the only return serviceman to receive one.

I am always very proud of my Dad as I couldn't have asked for a better father but I am especially proud of his service to his country. And as the Chief of the Army said there would have been no way Dad would have served his country for so long if he did not have the vital support of his wife and family. It was very much an award presented to both Dad and Mum. I am sure they would both tell you they both deserved such a great accolade!

The sign welcoming them to the service.


Dad receiving his award.

I was a fair bit teary by now! So was Mum!

Then this is Mum chewing off the ear of the chief! He invited anyone with any problems at all to come and talk to him as he would always listen. Well you don't need to tell her twice. She got all ready to launch into a discussion on why such an experienced soldier was being forced into retirement when he was willing to stay on. However, the chief is in exactly the same position, therefore very sympathetic to Mums plight!

And hahahaha Noddy! I got to hold the Federation Star before you!!!!!!!!!!!! Sucked In!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!