However, when he got to school his some of his peers gave him a hard time! I saw that he was getting upset but I had to get Ryan to his class and then myself to netball. So i told him he looked awesome gave him a kiss and left.
Now I hadn't planned on going to the parade. (Mainly because I thought it was going to be outside and there was snow on the mountains and it was bloody cold!) But I had a nagging feeling so i debated with myself and Ben and in the end we went. Now the good thing was the parade was moved into the hall! (Yeah! Heating!) But as I was leaving Matthew's teacher came and asked me to meet her. Apparently some boys had been teasing Matthew and he had gotten very distressed. The thing that got up the teacher's nose was one of the kids doing the teasing didn't even bother to dress up! The good thing was Matthew's teacher handled it very well and took the same approach as me that book week means you come as a book character and not a commercial character.
I remember book week when i was a kid and you came as a book character. Kids these days are so commercialised i don't think they often think that books have characters. They are so tv focused. And i think that is really sad.
But anyway here is how the boys looked dressed up for Book Week!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!