Saturday, 17 July 2010

Raising Boys

Growing up I always thought i would be a Mum to lots of girls. I came from a family of three girls and one boy. I know girls. I could picture myself with girls. I understand girls. I thought i would coach their netball team, teach them about hair and make up and boys. In a million years I never pictured myself doing this.............

Yep we took the boys rock climbing today. I thought seeing how they had been so sick on the holidays and we hadn't done any of the things I had planned we would do at least one fun thing. So we headed out into the freezing cold to climb some walls!


Matthew loved it. He could get about half way up. Here he is just hanging around as Nath lowers him back to the ground.

He was quite funny, he would go taring up the wall until he got to the same point and figured he was high enough and the fear would set in. We found that this over the shoulder look means one thing for all three boys.... I've had enough let me down!

Once again. The look!

Off he goes just like spiderman!

Having a really good time. Matthew would like to go back and have his birthday party there.

He got quite good at it. It's a pity Nathan and I don't have clones. We needed to anchor the boys climbing which meant that we couldn't climb which meant we couldn't show the boys how to do it. Next time we are taking more adults! We think if Matt had have had one of us on the wall beside him he could have made it to the top.
Ryan was quite keen but petrified! Notice the over the shoulder look!

They were all fans of just hanging around.


This was Rye's first attempt. Look at the terror on his face! Now look how far off the ground he is! Hysterical!

Again another look of terror! Yet he kept coming back for more!

Ben had done it before so he was keen to show his brothers how good he was!

But after a while all he wanted to do was hang around!

1 comment:

  1. Great shots, Jen! And I loved your comment about always thinking you'd have a bunch of girls... I always thought I'd have boys... I was sure of it!! Isn't it amazing how life hands us what we need, which is often different to what we expect... and makes us better. I am still thinking I'll have some boys somewhere down the track, but who knows???!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!