This is our dwarf gala and pink lady apple tree.
This is our Granny Smith apple. I'm going to have a tough time getting the boys to wait long enough for the apples to ripen before they devour them! If we get them that is!
This is my lemon. And a cute puppy guarding the lemons! He thinks they are his! There are five tiny green lemons on this tree already!
This one is the one that receives the most love, it is my imperial mandarin tree. The boys will have to hold me back from eating the unripe fruit from this tree!
This is my raspberry bush.When you add in the plums, loquat and strawberries it brings our total to 11 different varieties of fruit! I am hoping that these trees will significantly reduce our fruit bill. It is crazy, how many normal people spend close to $30 on just green apples a fortnight!
Buying the new trees from the nursery was certainly an interesting experience. There were hundreds of trees planted in raised garden beds. I went to get a person to dig us one out and she told us there was no need. They are bare rooted trees, you just pull them out and put them in a garbage bag! It felt a bit weird pulling out a tree from the ground and taking it home! (Although I would imagine it was very similar to the time Ben pulled my Magnolia out under the close supervision of Daddy and Poppy!) The boys on the other hand hand no issues what so ever! Ben was quite expert!

hey hayley. I accidently deleted your comment. I did get it tho! I just pressed the wrong button! We haven't ventured into veggies yet as our neighbours grow them. Good luck with your yield! We have our fingers crossed!
ReplyDelete