I had never seen photos of my dad or his family until just recently. At Christmas time the "Tassie Rellies" sent mum some scanned photos of Dad and his family as youngsters. Furthermore, at Chrissy time Mum found out my cousins had never seen photos either. This is made even sadder by the fact that Uncle Kerry passed away just before Christmas and Auntie Josie died in 2004. So I have finally got around to scanning them into my computer and putting them up. (I was supposed to put them on facebook but I cant get them loaded,which has mostly been the hold up!) So to my cousin who will be looking at these photos. I hope you like them! Max is apparently going to send Mum as disc of photos but I don't know where that is at. In the mean time feel free to right click on the photos and save them. I'm not sure the quality is good enough to print them up as they have been scanned several times already. Enjoy!
To those who haven't met my extended family before let me introduce you to.......
My Daddy.
This is my Poppy. He died when I was 6 or 7. The thing I remember most about him was that I loved him, dearly! I remember his funeral, when I had to sit with my maternal grandparents and not my own. I remember my favourite cousin Cathy apparently had a black boyfriend! Which was announced loudly by me in the middle of the service. I remember my Dad walking past with Poppy's coffin. I believed for many many many years that Poppy died from eating too much salt! I wished I remember more about him being alive. But mostly I remember sitting on his knee and that I loved him.
My Nana Dawn and Poppy.
Auntie Josie and Uncle Kerry. Do you know that the look on both of their faces would be one that my cousins would recognise as being them. One we have all see many times before, especially Uncle Kerry's mischievous grin and Auntie Jo putting up with it!
Nana Dawn as a youngen'
My Dad. I guess we now know where Matthew got his cheeks from!
And this is what they grew up to look like!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!