Sunday, 30 May 2010

Kindy Assembly

At Miles Franklin Primary every grade has an opportunity to host the school assembly. A few weeks ago it was Kindy's very first turn! The kids had been rehearsing for weeks! They performed the Teddy Bear rap, the hokey pokey, the jolly phonics jingles and 10 green bottles! Funnily enough the rendition was very similar to those you hear at drunken parties! We were very, very proud of all of them! But I got to be the most proud parent because Ryan got his first ever merit certificate whilst at the Kindy Assembly! So not only did he get to stand up in front of the whole school, he got to stand up and receive the kisses his parents were blowing him!

So here is the beautiful certificate!


This was a photo I took before the assembly started (because I'm now such an experienced assembly attender i now know you cant get good quality photos from way back where the parents have to sit!)

Ryan holding up the word "pan". The kids gave a demonstration of the sounds that they have learnt. Ryan sound was "P".

And standing up to be acknowledged for his certificate. I am amazed i got a photo through my misted eyes! The funny thing is that Matthew got his first merit certificate at last years first kindy assembly and Ryan did the same! I would suggest that they are done in alphabetical order except the kindy assembly was is term 1 last year and term 2 this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!