Saturday, 22 November 2008
Christmas is Coming
Matthew has been waiting patiently for Santa to arrive at Westfields for weeks. His chair has been sitting there empty and it has been driving Matthew nuts. Anyway on Tuesday we went to westfields and Santa was in his chair. You could see the excitement bubble up inside Matthew. He skipped along and then asked me if Santa is coming tomorrow. I said "No mate it's a long time til Santa comes." He then asked how many sleeps? I replied "37." He then asked "how many days?" I replied "37!" This was received with a grunt. How am i going to keep my children's excitement contained for the next few weeks? How am I going to feel when it is my children waking me up at 2am telling me in excited whispers that Santa has been! Just like I did just a few decades ago! I think life is funny, I am just as excited about Christmas as they are but for a different reason. I can't wait to play Santa for my kids and to watch the magic of Christmas make a positive impact on their little lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!