I received a phone call about 19 am yesterday from Channel 7 asking if i would mind if they came over to tape us watching he race. I was still in my jarmies and the house was a mess! So i hit the fast forward button and got the house tidy and got dress, threw on some make up and tidied up the boys. I then got nervous and rang Nathan and insisted he come back to be taped with us. (Who wants to see the sister in law really? The nephews i understand but who knew if their concentration would last the 60 seconds his race would take?!) So he came back and we invited the neighbours over to watch with us.
But we have learnt what a fickle industry the media is. As it sounds like they are not going to show the footage and they also cancelled us for an interview this morning! But we are still going on Sunrise Thursday morning.
The whole think I find so frustrating though. Brenton has been the most consistent male swimmer in the last 2 years but he gets no coverage. He still made an Olympic final yet nothing. Thank goodness he is not in it for the fame!
Congratulations Nathan, Jen (and of course, the star - Brenton!) We can only imagine how thrilled you must have been watching that killer swim. We were on the edge of our seats the whole time, and we're not even related!! A good celebration is in order on Brenton's arrival home, I'm sure!
ReplyDelete