Today Matthew asked me why Busta and Barkley hadn't hatched any puppies yet!!!! I explained very patiently that doggies don't "hatch" puppies. (Last term at preschool the kids hatched eggs and learnt all about the hatching process.) Matthew then wanted to know how the puppies got out of the doggy. So I explained how the mummy doggy pushed the puppies out of her tummy, the whole time thinking please don't ask me how they got in there! I must have done a fairly thorough job of explaining because he didn't ask and was very satisfied with his answers. I also explained to him that you needed a mummy doggy and a daddy doggy to make puppies and as Busta and Barkley were both boys there was no possibility of them having puppies. He was a little disappointed!
Meanwhile, I have been thinking of my response when I do get the how did the puppies get in there mummy. It will be "Ask your father, darling!"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!