My Grandmother recently turned 80. It was such an achievement! After 2 battles with breast cancer and losing Grandad 12 years ago, this woman has blossomed! I am so proud of her. So there was no way I was going to miss her 80th birthday party. Even if it was thousands of kilometers away in Western Australia!
She had a lovely day with her daughters throwing her a huge party. Her granddaughter, Julianne and her husband Steven cooked massive amounts of food that she requested. And all of her neighbours, friends and family lavished her with attention and presents!
She was shouted breakfast by the beach and taken for a stroll through the trash and treasure market. (Which was freezing! I thought coming from Canberra I would find it insanely hot but it was colder than Canberra!)
I got to have my photo taken on the beach but it was far too chilly to stroll and we really didn't have enough time. But it satisfied my West Australian beach craving. (I had a misspent youth on the sand at Mandurah and Rockingham beaches!)
I got to catch up with my favourite Aunt! She is looking beautiful after loosing a huge amount of weight by walking around Kalgoolie for miles and miles! She hasn't managed to give up the fags though!
There was a brief visit from cousin Karen and Kevin but as they had their youngest son in hospital from a battery mishap it was really quick but lovely!
It was a bit mind blowing to see the cousin playing with each other in the same backyard that me and my cousins played in for all of those years. We really cant all be old enough to have our own children now can we???
It was a gorgeous but far too brief visit. But I am so glad I got to spend Nan's birthday with her and the other huge plus was because Mum's birthday is the day after Nan's I got to spend a part of Mum's birthday with her too! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!