We were given the responsibility of looking after my parents Sharpei, Oscar while they went to Adelaide. Now Oscar is an inside dog who is used to living with two quiet, retired adults. So living with a family of young boys with an allergic mother was quite an experience for him! He started out just sleeping inside which gradually became spending any time that the boys were outside, inside to just basically inside all day!
There is one word that comes to mind with Oscar and it is tolerate. He would tolerate Nathan in his presence and he would just barely tolerate the children in his presence. Michelle asked me if he had something wrong with him because he cringed every time she touched him. I had to tell her he couldn't tolerate her touch!
The funniest thing he did all week was when Ben came inside crying and Oscar who was already practically sitting on top of me looked up at me as if to say "Help me that creature is screaming!" And then when I pulled Ben onto my knee instead of Oscar I think I broke his heart!
This picture demonstrates how tolerable he was of little children! Jonah (from down the road) was super, super excited to meet Oscar but Oscar really wasn't so excited to meet him back!



the dog is goog. i would love such a breed
ReplyDelete