We have always read a book as part of our bedtime routine. Now that they boys are older a book is still part of our bedtime routine but the books and readers are different. Now Matthew and Ryan read to us. But as we still very much value that quality time with the boys I decided it was time to grow with them. So now instead of picture books we read one chapter of a novel. Our first novel is The BFG by Roald Dahl.
I started reading it to the boys but when I found out Nathan had never read the BFG before I passed it over to him. I firmly believe everybody should know the magic that is the BFG and Roald Dahl! But this change to chapter books also had an affect on Matthew. He now insists on reading novels. So he is starting with this series
Zac Power is a child spy! Now every night they have a chapter of The BFG, a chapter of Zac Power and a reading book from Ryan! It brought such joy to my heart recently when it was miserable outside and Ben and Matthew curled up on the lounge and read a book together!So with only a few chapters left in the BFG who has suggestions for the next novel????

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!