Not only are the views great but he people up there are so friendly. You can walk the streets of the suburbs and no one will make eye contact. However, up on the mountain everyone says G'day. Everyone is smiling. The thing that amazes me the most is that I would be the youngest walker by at least 20 years. And when I first started I was by far the slowest. On one of my first trips up in 2008 an elderly lady of I'd say around 60 ran up past me! (She was carrying her olden day discman!) Then on my first trip up this spring an old man over 60 walked up past me, stopped to have a chat, passed me again and beat me down the mountain!Saturday, 13 February 2010
I Love Canberra!
One of my favourite things to do in Canberra is walk up Mount Rogers. Well, favourite things might be stretching it as it is a punishing walk but once you have puffed your way to the top the walk around the top of the mountain is stunning!
Not only are the views great but he people up there are so friendly. You can walk the streets of the suburbs and no one will make eye contact. However, up on the mountain everyone says G'day. Everyone is smiling. The thing that amazes me the most is that I would be the youngest walker by at least 20 years. And when I first started I was by far the slowest. On one of my first trips up in 2008 an elderly lady of I'd say around 60 ran up past me! (She was carrying her olden day discman!) Then on my first trip up this spring an old man over 60 walked up past me, stopped to have a chat, passed me again and beat me down the mountain!
Not only are the views great but he people up there are so friendly. You can walk the streets of the suburbs and no one will make eye contact. However, up on the mountain everyone says G'day. Everyone is smiling. The thing that amazes me the most is that I would be the youngest walker by at least 20 years. And when I first started I was by far the slowest. On one of my first trips up in 2008 an elderly lady of I'd say around 60 ran up past me! (She was carrying her olden day discman!) Then on my first trip up this spring an old man over 60 walked up past me, stopped to have a chat, passed me again and beat me down the mountain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!