Saturday, 16 January 2010

Twilight

I've been bitten by the Twilight bug! I tried to resist but my Mum sent me the series and one day before Christmas I had nothing to read. I debated with myself over whether I really wanted to lower my standards but I must have been really bored because I started to read. Then i don't think i spoke to anyone until I had completed all four books! Well that's not true. I read the first book and then sent Nath out to get the dvd. I then started to watch the dvd which i had to pause for a couple of hours as we had guests for a Christmas party. I then returned to the dvd later that night, finished that and then started to read New Moon. I unfortunately had to put that down as we were leaving for Qld at 3am the next morning! However as soon as daylight broke the next day the book was back in my hand! I drove my stints at the wheel exceptionally fast (even though no matter how fast I drove I still had to do two hours and now matter how fast I drove two hours is two hours!) As soon as I finished New Moon I demanded Nathan take me to see it at the cinemas (Gold class no less!) And then it was straight into the final two books! I apologise to all the people I didn't catch up with in Qld I was too obsessed by these books! I am now continually grumbling that the next movie doesn't open until June! June is way too far away! And I will be at the midnight screening! Even if I have to go by myself!
So what is it about these books that has me so obsessed? I am not sure. I am a sucker for love, I know that! I found friendly vampires refreshing, as i am so not a horror kind of girl. I just really enjoyed being taken along for the ride of these friendly vampires and werewolves! Now the question must be asked! Am I team Jacob or Team Edward????? The answer is this........ I am team Edward in his book form. I am not really a fan of Rob Pattinson. He didn't walk like I pictured Edward would and he lacked a quiet forcefulness that I pictured in him. When it comes to the movie I am Team Jacob all the way! It is really embarrassing to say but I have a tiny (read ginormous!) crush on Taylor Lautner. It is scandalous that he is just 17 years old. I am nearly old enough to be his mother. However this doesn't stop me from drooling all over him! So I guess my point is Bella can have Edward, I want Jacob!!!!

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing wrong with being a Twihard! I'm proud I'm one! I've never read so much since high school as I have since Twilight became huge, and then True Blood... (Books by Charlaine Harris... series on DVD... AWESOME!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!