Sunday, 3 January 2010

Christmas

So at 4.45AM on Christmas morning we were awoke to the joyous cries of "Santa's been! Santa's been!"
It really amazes me that there is always that element of doubt that you haven't been quite good enough this year. There is always the possibility that he WONT come. Until you see that sack full of gifts and then the excitement is uncontainable!
So we jumped out of bed. Poppy literally because they boys scared the bejeezers out of him!

Merry Christmas from Matthew, Ryan and Ben!

Aunty Teesh drags herself down the stairs. As she is coming down Ben pipes up with "Aunty Teesh you look beautiful!" The thing with Ben is it comes from his heart and he means it! He was so pleased she was there!

Waiting for the starting command!

Ans they are away! Ben is a careful unwrapper. He unwraps, examines then requests it be taken out of it's box. His mummy then suggests he unwrap the next one because she is too excited to see what he will discover next!

Matthew is a wrap and discard kid. He tears through his present really quickly and then is faintly disappointed that he is finished and then he starts opening boxes and is happy again! (I don't know where he gets that from?!)

Ryan is an exclamation guy! There are lots of "Awesomes" and "Just what I always wanted's" and "Cool"s

Ben finally reached the end of his Santa sack!

This year Matthew discovered the joy of giving! Which is what Christmas is all about for me. I know he much prefers the getting but at least he thought about the giving side! Here is his gift to Ben.

Matthew is talking to Nanna Bev, Ben is reading the lego map and the older boys are playing with the lego!

The table was fully laden with lego!

Daddy flying his new remote controlled plane. Easily the hit of Christmas and Boxing day!

Ben playing cricket with his new gear. Check out the look on his face as he connected with the ball!

Christmas lunch and Kata arrived with a friend from Scotland, A.P. It was A.P first Chrissy in Australia and did we give her an experience! I am sure she thinks we are all completely nutty! But I think she had a ball. If she was in Scotland she sure wouldn't have been having water fights and cricket games and prawns and being eaten alive by mosquito's. (She came up in welts!)

The table fully laden with food this time!

Merry Christmas!

Playing Uno Moo. A gift from Kata and Brenty.

Aunty Teesh helped Ryan

Kata helped Ben

Matthew with his transformer baddy guy!

My blue shoes from Santa

2 comments:

  1. 1. I think I am a Matthew when it comes to unwrapping gifts ^^
    2. Dan wants kids simply for the Lego.
    3. I'm pretty sure I need your shoes. Are they flats or heeled? They would be cute with a little heel. I think you also need them in red and then you could be Dorothy.
    Love Wini.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wini, I think Nath only had kids to play lego too. Tell Dan he is more than welcome to come over and play lego!
    The shoes are flats. we did look at heels (nathan preferance!) but much too hard to vacuum in! They came in all colours of the rainbow. Looks like bright colours shoes are hot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!