After finishing my grocery shopping this week it occurred to me that it is only going to get worse. This is what $200 worth of groceries, $60 fruit and veg and $60 worth of meat looks like a fortnight. All of this and still the most frequent thing out of my children's mouths is "I'm hungry!"
The shelves are groaning under the strain!
There is 12 litres of milk in there and it doesn't last one week! There are 30 green apples and 25 red ones (I know this because by getting Ben to count them as we put them in the bag he cant be trying to take bites out of them!) There are also 3 dozen eggs and half a dozen beers carefully hidden by pancake mix. And just out of screen my stash of coke. That and chocolate are what hold me together!By the time they are teenagers i think an industrial fridge may be in order!
Hey, I think you are doing SO well to keep to $160 a week for groceries when you have three hungry boys! I struggle to keep to that now, and I only have 1 1/2 girls eating in our house!! But, I will eventually get back to the wholesale butcher, and the fruit market when Zara can be left for more than 40 minutes at a time, and hopefully our grocery bill will come down again!
ReplyDeleteOh we just buy bulk for everything! I always tell myself i will bake more and that will reduce costs but i think i am more time poor than any other comodity!
ReplyDeleteOh we just buy bulk for everything! I always tell myself i will bake more and that will reduce costs but i think i am more time poor than any other comodity!
ReplyDelete