Sunday, 30 August 2009

Hot Chilli Sauce

Recently i had a discussion with a friend about the merits of using Chilli Sauce rather than soap as punishment for a potty mouth. Today in my house i had to bring out the Chilli Sauce! Matthew decided today, five minutes after his father left for a week away to teach his younger brothers a few swear words!
I knew I had to do it and i knew that Matthew would HATE it. But I held him down and poured Chilli sauce into his mouth. And do you know what I know for a fact? From this day forward no Rickard boy will be game enough to swear in front of his mother. I know this because Matthew cried and cried and gagged and dry reached. (Matthew is NOT a sauce guy of any kind and absolutely, certainly NOT Chilli sauce) But the added benefit of this little exercise of discipline was that Ben was horrified! He cried for Matthew and was terribly distressed. My response to his distress was: "Buddy swearing is totally not acceptable and needs to be punished and this is the punishment you receive when you swear. Do you think it is good idea to say swear words?" He is absolutely certain he will NOT be swearing any time soon! Ryan was mildly interested until he witnessed Matthew's reaction and he also doesn't think he will be trying out any of the words Matthew said any time soon!
Me, I really hope they don't come up with any other swear words. I don't think my heart could take it! This parenting is hard work! But the alternative of letting things like this slide sounds so much worse to me. So I will suck it up, princess, have a chocolate and repeat to myself I have done the right thing. They wont be adding THAT word to their vocabulary any time soon, I am sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!