Today we have had the unfortunate task of sending Busta off to be put down. He has a biting problem. He has been biting me for a while. Once it started happening I spoke to various breeders and vets and nothing we have done has improved this unfortunate trait in him. So on Saturday after he took a swipe at Ben and left a graze on his cheek we made the REALLY hard decision that we had to let him go. I pleaded with everyone that we spoke to that I would prefer for him to be re homed with an adult couple and as everyone pointed out to me he has been biting me. What makes me think he won't bite another adult.
So we are all feeling miserable today. The kids have been told Busta has been sent to "the farm". I feel guilty enough without having them blame me too. And Matthew has already encountered death this week and we thought two would be two too many for him to cope with. So we bare faced lied to our children. But it really was extenuating circumstances and I am sure they will forgive me in years to come. Nathan and sort of thought it was a child's right of passage to at least have one pet go off to the farm. As a child I remember coming home from holidays one year and my budgie has gotten sunburned and turned from blue to green! I also remember trying to convince other children that bird DID get sunburnt and changed colour when it happened!
So we will miss you Busta. Enjoy the big dog run up in heaven. We enjoyed the short time that we all had together. And i am really sorry buddy but we had very little choice.
Thank you SO much to Cleon and Michelle for taking him to "the farm". We just couldn't bear taking him so they did it. It's not an easy job and they have received the run around from what i have heard so I'm sorry and thank you.
Oh Jen, so sorry you guys had to make this massive decision - who said we had to grow up and start making decision like that?? We made the same decision and as hard as it is, you would never forgive yourself if you didn't make the decision and a different outcome was had. RIP Busta.
ReplyDeleteOh no - don't tell me! Jen it is absolutely the right thing for you to do but I am absolutely dreading the thought that we may have to do the same thing one day if our two don't behave. We have had limited interaction between bub and dogs for fear of any reaction. There is no choice but to make the move you have made. I know that doesn't help, or change things but he will always be loved your Busta! Chin up Rickards :)
ReplyDelete