Monday, 15 December 2008

The sunny sunshine coast

We are here! We have made it to the sunny sunshine coast in QLD. After 16 hours in the car we finally got to the Rickard's house. We had a 2 out of 3 success rate on the journey. Ryan slept the WHOLE way and barely said 2 words. Matthew coloured in the whole way and Benny was a little shit. He started the two year old version of are we there yet at Goulburn! But seriously they were all so good in the car. They are such good little travellers.
So after spending the night at the Rickard’s Nathan and I left the boys at a family Christmas party and we had our first weekend away together in forever! And for those who are interested I did get my breakfast in a cafĂ© in nearly complete silence (I did have to tell Nathan to shut up and that I really wasn’t interested in what was in the financial review!) We didn’t get our sleep in (I couldn’t sleep!!!) so we walked along the beach instead. And we went for a body surf as that is something we can’t do when we have the boys with us. (We have to watch them all the time around water and it definitely requires the two of us to be vigilant.)
The Rickard’s then brought the boys up to us on Sunday arvo. This was funny because I was really ready for them to come by then. I think Nath was too because he called his mum several times in the hour it took then to drive up! And since then we have been hanging out at the beach and at the pool. If Matthew had his way we would spend ALL day in the pool. And they all have a sook when it is time to leave. Benny has decided he no longer need floaties after one day of use. He is a big boy with his own big muscles thank you very much! When Matthew isn’t in the pool he is looking a round for some one to play tennis or basketball or cricket with. (Tonight at dinner we were talking about cricket and he has asked “Is that a sport Mum?” He is apparently BIG into sport!)
It has been a funny visit for me so far because I have always considered Brisbane home. Our visits are usually followed by weeks of nagging Nathan to bring us back here. This time however is very different. It still feels like home but I don’t want to come back here! The traffic is shocking, the drivers even worse. The heat is oppressive! I have a list of complaints! I think they are telling me that I have settled in Canberra. I will however always return to Brisbane and it will probably always be the home that is in my heart but I really don’t feel there is a future for our little family here and that that future is in Canberra! Next time though we will be` holidaying in the cooler months!

1 comment:

  1. I refuse to read any of that last paragraph!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!