Tuesday, 12 May 2009

Catch Up

It has been a while since my last post as Cid keeps reminding me. She now sends me emails to tell me to update my blog! And the reason for my lack of posting has been pure laziness! However we have had heaps of stuff going on that i should let you all know!

Firstly, I took great pleasure in torturing my children recently! Skittle have new flavours and one of them is berry chilli. Damn they are one hot lolly. So hot that I offered them to my children just to see what their reaction would be! Matthew drank 6 glasses of water after his! (didn't spit it out mind you! Couldn't waste a lolly!) And Ryan tried to wash the red colouring off to see if that would take the "hotness" away! Not successful by the way and I now need advice on how to get "washed" skittle that have been mushed into the rug out! So I guess they ended up winning that one!

Ryan had a funny comment recently after I had vacuumed out the car. The car was desperate for a vac (i don't think it had been done since leaving for our Xmas road trip and then there have been several trips to Sydney since) so it really needed it. Poor Eli who we drive to swimming (who is a little OCD but we still love him!) was having heart palpitations every time he had to get in out car! Anyway I vacuumed it and Ryan gets in the car and says "Mummy I cant see the floor!" Apparently all of the crumbs on the floor reassure him that the car does in fact have a floor!

During the school holidays we had Nathan's cousin and her friend come down for a visit. They are Queenslanders and froze the whole time. But they were a great help. It was my first experience with living with teenage girls and am I so glad I have boys! Seriously, their phone were glued to their hands the whole time! And the giggles coming from the bathroom, I'm pretty sure boys wont do that! But the girls were so cute on their first big trip away from home they took photos of everything! Apparently there is even one on Benny sweeping with the dust pan and broom! It was so lovely to have them here again but next time they might want to come down in summer!
School holidays also meant intensive swim lesson for the boys. Matthew did really well and progressed another level so he is now working on breathing and arms and kicking. Ryan didn't progress during the intensives but two weeks after he was out into Matthews old level. Ryan is trying his hardest to catch his big brother. But the baby of the family is the one to watch out for. He does the splashiest swimming arms and kickers you have ever seen! No one in this world swims with as much gusto as Benjamin Rickard! Will post photo when Daddy brings his phone home!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, good catch up.
    And by the way, Eli is A LOT OCD!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!