Every year at Floriade we hold the annual Rickard Photography competition. I think everybody else who goes to Floriade does the same because every person walks around looking at it through their viewfinders! This year was interesting because not only did you have massive telephonic lenses on big arse cameras but also smart phone cameras and my personal favourite the ipad! Seriously people were walking around with their ipads up in front of their faces! (Just quietly on one occasion that person was Ryan, with his new tablet!)
This year I was fascinated by the poppy's. The first visit they weren't really flowering.
But by the third visit they were stunning!
But i found their un-flowering form to be the most interesting.
They remind me of something hairy and bally! Gross!
And the way they unfurl! Amaze balls I mean amazing!!!
This image captures floriade for the boys! This is what they think it is all about! Matthew took this photo.
I was also interested in the yet to flower tulips too. They looked really interesting on mass like that.
I love the tulips the best but this daffodil is a close second.
Oh but you cant beat these hairy tulips!
This is my entry into the photo comp! A white Hyacinth.
This is the Forrest kids entry.
This is Matthew's.
This is Ryan's taken through the spit filter on his tablet! I am pretty sure this shot and the filter used is going to take off in photography circles around the globe!
Another Matthew entry.
A Ryan entry with a slightly cleaner filter.
This is what the majority of entries looked like! A whopping great big shadow over some random flower!
But this is our winner! Taken by Benjamin Rickard.
He wins a packet of smarties for his efforts!
(Or he would have had I not eaten them first before deciding the winner!)






There´s some pretty amazing colours there. I´ve never been to floridae but it looks like it might be worthwhile!
ReplyDelete