I'm not sure if Ben is a genius, I'm full of it or he is just the youngest brother of three very close together but Ben blows me away at times with his school work!
The other interesting things about the work I am about to show you is how much his hearing difficulties are starting to affect him. The subtle sound differences that you and I take for granted are really starting to make a difference for him.
I will type his story with his spelling and then interpret after!
The Thry Billy Goats Gruff.
Thry billy goats sat lonly no green grarss they ceept on rgyueinge about hue got the moast green grarss. Then they stoobd rgyueinge they dsidde we are going on a advencher down the lonly hill ucross the narsty chroal briege "please due not mack me go ucros first said the litle billy goat"
If you couldn't read the above bit (and we don't blame you!) it says
The Three Billy Goats Gruff
Three billy goats sat lonely, no green grass. They kept on arguing about who the got the most green grass. Then they stopped arguing. They decided, we are going on an adventure down the lonely hill across the nasty troll bridge. "Please don't make me go across first" said the little billy goat.
Firstly, he is having trouble hearing the difference between 'b' and 'p' in stopped as well as 't' and 'ch' troll! Secondly I am betting Ben learnt about quotation marks this week at school seeing how he has chucked a few in! I am fairly certain I wasn't using quotation marks in my writing when I was in kindy!
The kids also prepared a puppet show to go with their stories and they performed them infront of the class using the new smart board attachment projector thingys that the school recently purchased!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!