My kids have spent very little time with their cousins. Unfortunately we all live so far away from each other there are very few occasions when we are all able to get together. Recently my big sister was in Qld for her husbands work, while we were there for Mum & Dad's 40th wedding anniversary and my little sister lives there so we took the opportunity to get the kids together.
I was amazed at how innately my children love their cousins. Matthew, Ryan and Ben have met my big sisters kids a handful of times in their whole lives but yet they LOVE them!
When I was putting the boys to bed after seeing them I asked them all whether they liked cousins or brothers better and they all agreed cousins were better. Matthew's theory was you don't fight with cousins but you do with brothers. I didn't want to tell him that I fought with my cousins constantly, often with kicking, biting and scratching!
I think because they see each other so infrequently the use their rime wisely. I watched Matthew quizzing his oldest cousin in a desperate attempt to get to know her. He already loved her but he really wanted to get to know her!
Nanna Bev is happiest when she has her Grandchildren around her. Usually we can never get her in a photo but when her grand kids are involved she is first in!
This photo is even rarer than the cousins together! The last time all of my siblings were together must have been Jackie's wedding in 2006! Add Aunty Leeanne and Nanny Walker in and we haven't been together since my wedding in 2003! Don't we all look nice!
But this is what we really look like!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!