Sunday, 14 March 2010

2010 Balloon Festival

It's that time of year again....Balloon festival. And as usual Nana and Poppy Rickard had times a visit to coincide! This year Cleon and Michelle thought that they might just be able to get up in time to join us! However when they called at 6.30am from the festival we were all still in bed asleep!!! So we didn't really have a choice then, we HAD to get up and go!

Ben was initially scared of the kookaburra but he warmed up to it pretty quickly.


Nanna and the boys. Oh and the operator of the Kookaburra doing the rabbit ears behind Nanna!
(P.S check Rye Rye's face!)

Good morning! All of our smiley faces!

A gorgeous morning in the Berra. Overcast and misty!

How is this for amateur photographer! I've taken a page out of my friend Nicole's book and am going for an artistic angle here!

Gets even better with the added fire!

Floating away into the mist!

Cleon and Michelle started it by suggesting to the boys they should hold up a balloon.......

Cleon got a bit better........

Poppy showed em how to do it! (anyone else think that is a really natural pose for him?!)

And then he got even better!


Someone obviously had some gas to spare so thought they would provide some warmth!

5 comments:

  1. I am SO impressed with those reflection shots Jen!!! We'll have you doing weddings in no time!!! And it actually looks mildly warmer than previous years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was warmer actually however it still took me till noon to warm up afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pics Jen, well done, love Ben's scared look, and as usual, Ryan is a picture of delight. You're all mad though,, this is another thing of my "Not done yet", after 14 years living here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots, Jen!! By the way, I AM going to post Ryan's present this week, I just find it hard to make it to the post office these days!! Please tell him it's on its way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! Hayley I hear you! After the great Post Office incident of 07 I will do anything to avoid the PO. I even have my Mum and Dad's christmas presents sitting on the bed hoping I'll get the courage up to actually get to the PO.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!