Is what i got a lot of this weekend. Not only did i get to see some fabulous pyrotechnics. I also got to go to the Turner to Monet: Impressionist Landscapes Exhibition at the National Art Gallery. A friend of mine was saying how much she wanted to go and I told her how I had been trying to bribe Nathan into going with me. So we thought we would let Nath off the hook and go together. So we did! And our 3 hours of childless, mature, cultured fun was glorious! Margie is an artist and interior designer herself so I really enjoyed her perspective. However, we were concerned that poor Kerry Stokes' walls are bereft of all of his Monet's currently! (He had 4 on loan to the exhibition!)
Anyway my favourite on show (if I had to pick one as there were many!) was a Vincent Van Gogh called Tree trunks in the grass. And Nathan only has to work 5 jobs for the next 90 years until he has enough money to buy it for me!
Here is a postcard picture of Tree Trunk in the grass (sooooo doesn't do it justice as you lose all the texture on the canvas but you get the idea!)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting now show me the love by telling me what you thought!